Therapy in Manchester
We are an established and registered Psychotherapy Service in St Ann’s Square, Manchester.
We work with adults with a wide range of mental health needs, some for short-term appointments, others longer-term.
We provide psychotherapy, counselling and psychoanalysis.
You can book your first appointment by
Psychotherapy, Counselling and Psychoanalysis
People use our therapy service for individual reasons
• because of life’s big events – a change of status perhaps brought about by a bereavement, becoming a parent or a change in employment
• because of day-to-day life – a pattern of thought, feeling or behaviour might have become troubling
• it can be due to a general mood that is difficult to put into words
• or symptoms such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, confusion, rage and trauma
• to hear what they think and feel
Therapy can be short – sometimes a single session – or last many weeks.
The First Appointment
For some people the first appointment can be both exciting and stressful while others may feel calm and relaxed.
Individual reactions differ though everything discussed is treated in confidence.
This hour-long appointment begins with therapist Paul Melia saying a few words about the service – confidentiality, for example.
The remainder of the time is then given over to considering what brings you to therapy… continue reading here →
Therapist Paul Melia
Paul Melia is a registered and experienced therapist, and is chair of the North West Regional Psychotherapy Association. Paul started Therapy in Manchester almost a decade ago.
Before then he was an Art Historian for 20 years occupying increasingly senior positions within UK universities… continue reading here →
To Book Your First Appointment
Further details including fees are available here